DALLAS, TX 75201 US
1. Manage all aspects of general ledger accounting, including month-end and quarter-end close,
quarterly reviews, and year-end close procedures for key balance sheet and income statement
accounts for management company and firm operating entities.
2. Process and/or review accounts payable and travel & entertainment reimbursements and allocate
expenses to/among the firm, firm operating entities, investment entities, and portfolio companies
and confirm documentation is complete in accordance with firm policy.
3. Perform wire instruction verbal verifications.
4. Prepare and/or review invoices for portfolio company monitoring fees and expense
5. Maintain vendor records in electronic form, including all data required for 1099 reporting for
management company entities.
6. Prepare and/or review 1099 reporting for management company and firm operating entities.
7. Update work papers for and assist with tax processes with external tax accountants.
8. Assist with firm payroll processing, 401k program administration, and employee onboarding and
9. Assist with firm health benefits and general insurance programs reviews and renewal processes.
10. Assist with the firm s SEC compliance program, including annual and periodic reviews and filings.
11. Assist with annual and periodic firm policy and procedure reviews and updates.
12. Assist with information technology and cybersecurity functions (implementation of best practices,
maintain user access lists, complete periodic access reviews, etc.).
13. Maintain fixed asset listing and work with internal team members to complete periodic reviews.
14. Prepare financial statements for internal and external reporting for management company and
operating entities and assist with the firm s budgeting process.
15. Lead evaluation and recommendation of improvements in accounting system procedures to
ensure accurate application of accounting principles.
16. Defines, analyzes, and coordinates the input of financial information into the general ledger
system. Evaluates, approves, and provides accounting expertise.
17. Completes complex reconciliation of data requiring knowledge and understanding of multiple
18. Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
19. Maintain organized electronic filing of firm documents.
20. The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be
assigned as appropriate.
5+ years of experience in accounting and finance with strong general ledger skills.
Detailed-oriented with a commitment to accuracy and compliance.
Experience in managing the entire close process end to end.
Strong business acumen and viewed as a trusted advisor by key business stakeholders.
Excellent technical accounting skills with detailed understanding of current GAAP standards and
experience in exercising judgement and developing accounting positions.
Deep experience working with accounting & financial reporting systems, ERP and Payroll
systems. Proficient in QuickBooks (or similar ERP), ADP, Concur (or similar expense processing
system), and Microsoft Office.
Possess strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and develop others, and
motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage
Self-starter approach but with the ability to embrace technology and realize its potential to drive
decision making and process improvements.
Knowledge of private equity industry processes and standards is a plus.