2ND SHIFT TOOL AND DIE MAKER
CHINO, CA 91708 US
This is an EXCELLENT opportunity with a great company!
- Determine specifications for parts and assemblies, tooling, gauges, dies, templates, jigs, fixtures, etc. By evaluating dimensional, material and heat treat requirements reflected on engineering drawings
- Perform complex machining operations involving compound angles and multiple set-ups using various types of equipment, such as lathes, jig borers, vertical mills, drill presses, etc. To fabricate parts and assemblies, tooling, gauges, dies, templates, jigs, fixtures, etc.
- In support of developmental work, study specifications such as engineering drawings, sketches, 3D models, and/ or descriptions and then visualizes products
- Set up and operate both conventional and computer numerically controlled lathes and mills to produce machined parts
Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances using measuring instruments, such as dial indicators, gauge blocks, thickness gauges, micrometers, etc.
- Produce work to exacting and close tolerances, and in accordance with engineering drawings
- Select and properly grind cutting tools for work on all varieties of materials and types of cuts
- Operate all Short Run Shop machines as applicable
- Perform skilled fitting, fabricating, assembling, indexing, timing and adjusting of work, such as with parts and assemblies, tooling, gauges, dies, templates, jigs, fixtures, etc.
- Heat treat tools and parts to the proper hardness and temperature
- Perform any and all types of development work, working with engineers as required
- Recognize and immediately correct machining difficulties and errors (or cause to have corrected) if the fault is due to machine tool, design, material and/or equipment
- Perform all tasks in a timely, safe and accurate manner to avoid delays in operations
Demonstrated experience with computer numerically controlled and conventional vertical mills
Demonstrated experience with computer numerically controlled and conventional lathes
Demonstrated experience with conventional machine shop equipment, such as saws, grinders, etc.
Demonstrated experience with 3D CAD/CAM
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Significant problem-solving, critical thinking and creativity skills are essential
Must be highly self-motivated, and results-oriented, possess the ability to work with very limited supervision and be a committed team player
Must have the ability to provide instructions, guidance and assistance to less experienced personnel
Have a broad knowledge of machining operations/technology, and have the skills to handle the most complex and exacting assignments and machining operations beyond the normal range and capacity of available machine tools
Must have the ability to operate computer numerically controlled and conventional machines
Must have the ability to use inspection instruments for precision measurement
Must know how to read and interpret complex engineering drawings, and documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
Must have advanced shop math skills, including trigonometry, and the ability to apply mathematics to practical solutions
Must have a broad knowledge of mechanical principles and a high degree of mechanical aptitude to plan, construct, fit and assemble a wide variety of parts to fabricate, repair or modify assemblies, tooling, gauges, dies, templates, jigs, fixtures, etc. Using machine tools and hand tools
Must have the knowledge to make allowances for material shrinkage due to the heat treatment of metals
Must have good computer skills, including experience with MS Office products and 3D CAD